17.10.11

Homey Feelings

The past two days have been incredible! Yesterday we went to Villa Maria as usual for our VBS-like activities, I caught up on Bible studies, emails, and got Bible class ready for the adorable Corban (I've been teaching the toddler's Bible class the past few Sundays and Corban, who's one of the missionary's kids, is the only one out of three that was there). After church we went to dinner at La Lucha which is a sandwich place that has delicious fries (if you know me well you know I'm not huge on fries so that says a lot) and a frozen de fresas which is a strawberry smoothie, deliciousss...The best part of the day, however, was that we went to the movies for the first time and I don't think I've felt more at home than sitting in that movie theater, besides the subtitles in Spanish I suppose. On top of that, we found out that if we went to see a movie on a Tuesday and got a grande popcorn it would cost less than $4! Since we're on a budget that was great news.

Today, we met with the missionary guys as usual in the Portico (the church building) and figured out our week's plans. We also had our first, of hopefully many, English worship/potluck's. I'm speaking for me and the other interns when I say we greatly look forward to any event that involves homemade food! Besides the meatloaf and fried potatoes and fruit tray and cookies, the greatest part was by far the worship time we had together. I always feel closer to God when praising Him in English and we don't do that too much here so it was absolutely amazing.

The last thing I'm going to add is that my baby sister's 16th birthday is tomorrow! Kelsey is growing up wayyyy too fast but she is turning into an amazing, strong Christian young lady so I'm okay with that. I wish I could be there to celebrate such a precious girl's birthday but the phone call I'll be making at 6:30am will have to do. Kelsey, I love you to pieces and I hope that although you'll be spending your birthday at school and soccer practice that you find a way to make it special! I love you!!


PS Kels, sorry for the old school pic, I couldn't find a more recent one...

No comments:

Post a Comment