8.8.11

We're Here!


To start the day off we decided to go to a boot camp class at 6 am that two of the missionary wives teach overlooking the ocean. It was a great view and there were awesome people there; but I’m pretty sure I became sore during the workout…and that’s not an overstatement. However, working out in Peru will be a necessary part of my life due to the amount of starch and carbs that are entering it.

On a more serious note, yesterday, there was a church meeting and huge lunch to welcome us and send off the summer intern. It was amazing to meet the fellow Peruvian Christians and get to speak some espaƱol although I’m a little rusty and got a headache trying to rethink the vocabulary I’ve learned. We’re all very excited about the opportunities ahead!

As for the rest of this week, we’re going to hopefully finish getting settled in, get enrolled in language school, and jump in on the involvement.

-Lyndsay

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see yall made it and are already jumping into everything. The morning workout class was one of the best times for me to get to know the wives. I hope yall enjoy doing that too. I'd love to skype with yall sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete