11.8.11

Taxi Time

Yesterday we went exploring the city and had our first experience taking a taxi somewhere! Hope you enjoy the videos, but here's a brief explanation -

1. "Soles" (pronounced so-lays) are the Peruvian currency
2. I apologize for the gum in my mouth in advance!
3. I'm practicing my Spanish
4. We had no idea what a reasonable price for a taxi to where we were going was, so we decided to start low and see where that got us. I started with 5 soles (you can see the driver's reaction in the second video) and after a couple taxis, we ended up paying 10 soles.


The horn you heard at the end is actually a taxi "chasing us down"




(He drove off after the apparently ridiculous offer of 5 soles!) But here we are after our taxi ride -


At Jockey Plaza - we made it! From L to R:  Carolina, Heather (from ACU), Lyndsay, Chelsey (me) 

Haha Peru loves the 80s and the classic mannequin poses


3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, this cracks me up. thank you girls for making my day. glad to hear you're exploring. keep bein' brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video snippets and pictures. Keep posting! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny about the "price part".What's the driver's reaction to the ridiculous offer? haha
    -Carina

    ReplyDelete