16.12.11

Enseñame - Teach Me

One thing I have really enjoyed about being in Peru is the amount of music I have discovered and the time I have to invest into music and worship! This is a song written by a Peruvian minister (lyrics are at the bottom in English and Spanish) and the video is done by the band Leeland while they were visiting Peru (thank you, Carolina, for finding it!). 



After hearing the song a couple times, I realized the main reason I like it isn't the harmony (which is awesome) or the fact that it's Peruvian (which is awesome) or that Leeland can play it well (which is awesome), but it's the lyrics. Without knowing this song, these are the words I've been praying since I came to Peru. Why not before? I don't know. They are such simple words that have potential to change so much if this is what we truly desire! "Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart..." Psalm 37:4 Think about how much our lives would change and how much we would change other people's lives if what we desired from God was this:

more love...for yourself, for others, and for God
more truth...for teaching, for understanding, and for the way you live
more power...to proclaim the Gospel, to glorify the Kingdom, to carry out the plans God has for you
more grace...for yourself, and for others

to be taught how to love
to be taught how to be like Jesus
to have the heart of Jesus

That's exactly what I desire and I want to share that desire with you!


Letras (Lyrics)
Oh, Señor, dame más 
(Oh, Lord, give me more) 
de tu amor y verdad 
(of your love and truth)
Oh, Señor, dame más 
(Oh, Lord, give me more)
de tu poder y gracia 
(of your power and grace)
Oh Dios 
(Oh God)

Enseñame a amar 
(Teach me to love)
Enseñame a ser como tú 
(Teach me to be like you)
Dame tu corazón 
(Give me your heart)
Mi Dios 
(My God)

No comments:

Post a Comment