7.4.11

Preparation: Quality Time

Weekends as a senior in college have become a time for last-minute studying and paper-writing, frantic searching for those graduation essentials (cap & gown - oops!), and more! This weekend, however, Lyndsay and I are taking some time off to hang out with special people in our lives. Might I add...in two very different ways.

This weekend is the iHouse spiritual retreat - where Lyndsay will be going with our friends Carina & ZJ.

This is Carina, but I can't find a picture of ZJ
Carina and ZJ are two people (they're married) that Lyndsay and I have come to know through the iHouse. ZJ is getting his PhD in some type of engineering, I believe, and Carina just moved here a few months ago and is studying English to prepare for all of the tests she has to take to apply for a degree at A&M. Carina has been involved in our conversation clusters since the beginning of the semester, and has started to become really involved in our iHouse activities.

The retreat this weekend is at Camp Creek Lake (about 45 minutes from College Station). There will be food, games, and other activities, but most importantly the weekend focuses on questions pertaining to Christianity. Whether these questions be from the international students or from the American iHousers who are already Christians, the idea of the retreat is not to push our ideas on anyone but to listen to each other in hopes of learning more about life, especially in how it connects to Jesus.

Pray for this weekend at Camp Creek Lake, and especially for Lyndsay as she continues to share her faith with the international students we love!


As for me...did you know that this weekend is the Sprint Cup Series for NASCAR? Well, if you would have asked me 6 months ago, I would not have known either, nor would I have cared. But here I am - getting ready for the weekend by rotating about 10 drivers and numbers and sponsors through my head so I'm not totally lost on Saturday. I'm going with this guy

Joshua, aka my boyfriend/the one and
only reason I'm going to NASCAR this weekend :)
I am pretty stoked about seeing people drive super fast, (which I like and can be noted by the ticket I got earlier this week), and experiencing the "culture" that is NASCAR. I really want to see an almost-toothless, mullet-rocking man, wearing cut-off jean shorts and a cut-off, short-sleeve, red flanel shirt yelling for his most beloved left-turn-maker. Alright, alright...all joking aside, I'm excited! Not to mention, I have the weekend off work, I get to spend time with Joshua, we scored free Dallas Maverick's tickets from my mom, my precious Grandma is making lunch for us on Friday, I will get to see my brother David, and we get to hang out with Joshua's family too! WHOOP! to all of the above.

Thank You, Father, for giving us family and friends to spend time with and for giving us weekends that can renew our spirits!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my~ it's me!this is my favorite picture!thank you so much to post this one,haha
    -carina

    ReplyDelete